Tuesday, December 05, 2017

Fulbright Global Scholar Award in Chile: Day 05 - Income Inequality

http://aqicn.org/map/chile/#@g/-33.1633/-71.4722/10z 

I’m aware of the air pollution today in Valparaiso.

But look, Charlotte has sections that are worse. Is that from traffic?


This local detail reminds me of the Container podcast, Episode 6: And They Won, They Won Big.

Additionally, Chile is and is not the place I visited in the 1990s. I don’t remember watching a young man take garbage from a public trash can and throw it violently to the ground. Or an angry woman with a child yell superlatives. Chile’s economy has gotten stronger, but it’s a complicated picture, according to this 2014 New York Times article from Eduardo Porter.

More about my Fulbright Global Scholar Award to Germany, Chile and Hong Kong
More about the Fulbright Global Scholar Award in general


No comments: