Not surprisingly, I’m lumping together my final week in Hamburg in one large post. The mad dash to get studio work done before leaving has me feeling a fantastic sense of accomplishment. This first leg of my 3-country Fulbright has had its ups and downs, but mostly many, many ups.
Here’s the final stretch in summary:
HFBK Graduation Show
- Opening was Thursday, July 13, 7 pm to 2 am.
- Tru Luv Media on video games for people who don’t like video games
- Burly Men at Sea by Brain&Brain
- Tearaway, Media Molecule, 2013, UK
- Johnny Lui’s graduation show in London
- Elemental Incremental Housing in Chile
- More work in Blender (z-fighting), Unity, After Effects
Two-person exhibitions with Owen Mundy at:
- Lake Forest College, Chicago, Illinois
- University of Tulsa, Tulsa, Oklahoma
- Art Center Nabi, Seoul Korea
December 2017: 2nd part of Fulbright in Santiago and Valparaiso, Chile
February 2018: Co-chair panel about women in new media art with Kathy Rae Huffman at College Art Association conference in Los Angeles
More details on my news page soon.