Sunday, June 11, 2017

100 Days on a Fulbright: Days 61-74: 2-Week Blog Break

Image source: From the boat tour of Hamburg’s harbor that I attended one week ago.
Details about “Port of Hope” Harbor Tour – Colonialism, Migration and Racism
I’m taking a two-week break from the blog to deliver my daughter back to my parents in the States. This six-year old bravely navigated my husband’s Fulbright to Austria last spring but has done less well here in Germany. This morning I’m reading the collection of Fulbrighters with families posted here: https://storify.com/FulbrightPrgrm/fulbright-families  I see I am not alone with my daughter’s range of reactions to this experience. It’s both amazing and hard to be overseas. If we had a year-long Fulbright in one place, we would make this work and she would adapt, but in the unusual case of my 3-country global award, it’s time to take her back and give her a much deserved break.

While back home, I’ll continue my Fulbright-related research and related studio production, but it’s time to take a brief break on the blog. Bis bald.

No comments: